ChairScholars Foundation - National Program
ChairScholars Foundation - National Program is offered at only two Universities: Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and the University of Tampa in Tampa, Florida.
Available to students in every state in the continental U.S., the ChairScholars National Scholarship Program provides eligible high school seniors and college undergrads up to $30,000 for tuition to attend either Edinboro University or the University of Tampa.
To date, the ChairScholars Foundation has awarded 368 National Scholarships throughout the United States.
To qualify for a National Scholarship, applicants must apply to either Edinboro University or the University of Tampa.
- The student must have a serious physical challenge and may or may not use a wheelchair for mobility. The physical challenge must be significant and affect activities of daily living. No minor disability will be considered.
- Must have verifiable unmet financial need.
- Must have at least a B average.
- Must be a high school senior or college undergrad. We do not fund graduate studies.
- The applicant must show some form of significant community service or social contribution in the past.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO GENDER, RACE, CREED, OR RELIGION.
You must include:
- A good quality recent photograph, full body shot as opposed to head shot.
- A 300 500 word essay outlining :
- How you became physically challenged.
- How your situation has affected you and your family.
- Your goals and aspirations for the future.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Include your Parent's or Guardian's Federal income tax return from last year. If you are on SSI or some other form of aid you must inform us. If your parents are divorced, please send both tax returns.
- Send your High School transcripts, including your SAT and ACT scores and any honors or achievements you have earned.
- Physician's documentation of your disability.
- If you have obtained any other scholarships already you MUST inform us of that fact.
No e-mail applications will be accepted.